We provide a full range of settlement and integration services. Please contact us at 416-630-6481 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Nous offrons des services d’établissement aux nouveaux arrivants au Canada. Ces services aident les nouveaux arrivants à s’adapter à leur nouvelle vie au Canada. Pour obtenir de plus amples renseignements, n’hesitez pas a nous communiquer a 416 630-6481 ou email@example.com.
Мы предлагаем широкий спектр услуг по устройству, адаптации и интеграции. Наши сотрудники говорят по-русски. Для дополнительной информации, пожалуйста, позвоните по телефону (416) 630-6481 или свяжитесь с нами по электронной почте firstname.lastname@example.org.
אנו מציעים מגוון שלם של שירותי קליטה והשתלבות בשפה העברית.
אנא התקשרו ל-416-630-6481 או לemail@example.com לפרטים נוספים.
Proveemos toda una gama de servicios de asentamiento e integración en español. Para mayor información, por favor contáctenos al 416-630-6481 ó a firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connecting People and Community
JIAS (Jewish Immigration Aid Services) Toronto is a government and community funded not-for-profit organization, which helps 8,000 immigrants each year to find a place in our community.
With locations in both Toronto and York Region, we reach out to welcome and provide services to all newcomer communities in the languages they speak and in close proximity to where they live.
We are experienced and experts in all matters pertaining to immigration, settlement and integration.
We welcome, support, and integrate new immigrants today to build a strong Canada and a strong Jewish community of tomorrow.
We do this by:
- Providing a comprehensive welcome and a range of settlement services
- Ensuring opportunities for newcomers to reach their employment potential and economic self-reliance.
- Supporting newcomers to achieve social integration.
We are both a gateway and a bridge to the Jewish community and the GTA. We see integration as a two-way process in which newcomers and the host community come together to build a strong, inclusive society. It takes a whole community to build one and we welcome your participation in our work.
Guiding Principles for Service Planning and Delivery
- Remain a mission driven organization that is immigrant centered and tightly networked with Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, UJA Federation, immigrant service sector agencies and associations, volunteer groups, donors and partner agencies within and external to the Jewish community.
- Understand the “immigrant” and put the immigrant first
- Deliver services and offer programs that are relevant, authentic and of value to immigrants
- Work to a standard of customer service that we would accept for ourselves
- Develop a comprehensive, flexible and sustainable model of service for arriving newcomer families that can also be mobilized to welcome and assist families needing refuge in the future
- Work within framework of Strategic plan and ensure agency activities are strategically aligned with mission and goals
- Connect Jews from around the world with each other and with the local Jewish community
- Set the GTA apart as a welcoming and inclusive community by building the capacity of Jewish organizations to ensure generous immigration practices
- Represent and be the voice of newcomers until they find their way
- Agency wide self-assessment and evaluation for continuous improvement